On 30 June 2021, in Tbilisi/Brussels, VII EU-Georgia Civil Society Platform (EU-Georgia CSP) meeting has taken place. Due to the COVID-19 conditions the meeting, which usually takes place in Brussels or Tbilisi, by rotation, twice in a year this time was held online, hosted from Tbilisi, Rondeli Foundation (GFSIS).
The EU-Georgia CSP was established in accordance to art. 412 of EU-Georgia Association Agreement (AA) on 16 June 2016. European Economic and Social Committee and Georgian National Platform of EaP CSF have played leading role in establishment of the EU-Georgia CSP. The EU-Georgia CSP aims to create space for exchange of views on implementation of the AA, development of recommendations to the EU and Georgian governments and institutions, presenting them to the EU-Georgia Association Council.
During the VII meeting, EU and Georgian civil societies considered presentations evaluating the achievements in implementation of AA provisions. Opening remarks were delivered by Ms. Dovile Juodkaite (LFDO) and Mr. Kakha Gogolashvili (GFSIS), Co-chairs of the EU-Georgia CSP.
CSP members listened presentations by:
• Ms. Maka Botchorishvili – Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee for European Integration.
• Mr. Lawrence Meredith – Director for Neighborhood East and Institution Building, DG NEAR, European Commission.
• Ms. Tamar Gabunia – First Deputy Minister of Health of Georgia.
• Mr. David Bujiashvili – Head of the Department of the EU Assistance Coordination and Sectorial Integration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia.
• Mr. Nika simonishvili (GYLA).
• Ms. Nino Makhashvili (GIP).
Georgian and EU members of CSP, representatives of different Georgian and European non-governmental organizations contributed to and have actively debated and adopted a Joint Declaration.
See full video of the meeting here.